I am done. As in well-done. As in I've baked too long in the sun over the past two days.
Today the kids and I spent the day at the park with friends like we usually do on Thursdays. However, today was a bit different. This time we met at a different park, and this one didn't have a whole lot of shade.
I didn't really think about the lack of shade until several hours after I got home. Now I'm seeing a whole new shade of red and it hurts to scrunch my nose. Ouch!
Tomorrow I think I'll stick around indoors and enjoy the sun in a more indirect sort of way.
Thursday, June 26
Well-Done
Posted by
Deanne
at
7:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
me too. Actually, I put sunscreen on my face so it's my arms that are really hurting. I think we need to be sure to find shady areas in the future, espeically if we're out mid-day. I can't take that much sun!!
Denise....good thing you at least put some on your face! And yes, we will have to find shadier parks in the future. And I'll be sure to lather up before swimming at your place next week. :)
Sunblock is my favorite thing. I keep a bottle in the car, and in my swim bag and several extras in the bathroom. I like the spray stuff because it's so fast. But I hate it because it runs out so fast and that mist of wasted sunblock makes me sad. I'm not sure why I wrote a whole paragraph about sunblock.
Sorry you got burned.
I didn't wear sunblock at the pool today since I'm workin' on my tan, but we were there in the late afternoon so I'm not sure if it did any good!
Wendy...I do need to get some more sunscreen, I'm scraping the bottom, so to speak. But in all honesty, I don't like the stuff and would rather not have to use it all. In a perfect world I suppose. :)
Ouchy Deanne!! So, do we get to see a picture of Mrs. Lobster Woman...hehehe
nope. no pics (and I'm not sorry to withhold them either!) :)
sorry about your lobster self!
OUCH. I got sunburned last week, too. Only just my foot. It's swollen! And just think it was the same sun...well, you know what I mean! :)
Even here in Alaska, I still get sunburned...the kids were in a tarck and field day a few weeks back and I'm still peeling on my arms. I do love the sun though!
tsk, tsk, tsk.
(That the sound of the pot calling the kettle black.)
Post a Comment