Sunday, June 22

A Spectators Sport

This evening we sat down and watched a little of the women's gymnastics Olympic trials. There were quite a few conversations about what the girls were doing as well as explaining what exactly the Olympics are. Caleb had his own observations about what we were watching....

Caleb: That's not very hard. I can do that.

Mae: No you can't, let me see you try!

*don't you just love sibling rivalry?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*this was my favorite of the night

Caleb: I like her. I think she's beautiful.

Me: (after I'm done inwardly laughing) Why do you think she's beautiful?

Caleb: 'Cause she's got sparkles.

4 comments:

Thany said...

Note to Lucy...wear a sparkley something Thursday. ;)

Trish D said...

I just love kid insight :) Who needs to worry about being fashionable or even well-groomed when you can rub on some glitter!

Anonymous said...

Don't we all want to sparkle?

Deanne said...

I wish all I had to do was to sprinkle on a little glitter and call it good! Life would simply be, well, um, simpler!