Thursday, November 20

All for Love

In junior and senior high, at church, my youth pastor had this saying when talking about teenage girls and their one reason why they did silly or non-intelligent things because of a boy they liked, it went like this....'because I love him!'. It was always said in a fun, humorous way, and always in a tone like a teenage girl would use - whiny. But I have found another use for the phrase, and I use it to describe why I have done things that I said I'd never do when I was a parent. Here are a few occasions that I excuse myself for all because I love my kids.......

* buy character clothes or shoes - Caleb has a a couple sets of superhero pj's, a few Cars t-shirts, and is on his second pair of cartoon shoes (right now he's sporting Spiderman, his hero of choice).










* allow, or buy, my girls clothes in any shade of pink - I'm not a pink girl myself and the thought of donning my children in it kind of repulsed me, now their closet fairly radiates the hue.











* have my girls wear silly pigtails that stick out of the side of their head - it's so stinkin' cute, I just can't help myself!















And I don't regret any of it. Not one bitty bit!

3 comments:

Susie said...

We're so over the pink, D. TOo much pink in this house. Gag.

Mary said...

Isn't it funny what we end up doing that we didn't think we would? I have to say, I never knew that I liked pink until I had Lindsey. But it's nicely balanced out with Rand's wardrobe of blue and red!

Kids,Cookies and more of the same said...

Awwww, so sweet! I swore I would not get Winnie the Pooh stuff oR watch that ugly purple dinosaur--but I done gone and done all that!