Saturday, November 29

Christmas Movie Trivia

And so begins the Christmas season! It is now ok to see decorations around town and on neighbors houses. It is now ok to hear Christmas music in stores and on the radio. And it is also the time to bust out our favorite Christmas movies!!!

I've compiled a short list of traditional Christmas movies, with a few new(ish) ones thrown in just for fun. Each movie is represented with quote. So how good is your Christmas movie knowledge?? Read the quotes and take a guess in the comment section. When a correct guess has been made, I will add in the answer along with the name of the person who answered it after each quote. (and no cheating!!! please.)

Have fun, and may I be among the first to wish you a Merry Christmas!

1. "If you're really Santa Claus, you can get it for me. And if you can't, you're only a nice man with a white beard like mother says. " Miracle on 34th Street - Caterina

2. "Can we take a direct flight back to reality, or do we have to change planes in Denver?" The Santa Clause - Caterina

3. "Now, come on, get your clothes on, and we'll stroll up to my car and get... Oh, I'm sorry. I'll stroll. You fly." It's a Wonderful Life - Lani

4. "Yeah, you know something... Vermont should be beautiful this time of year, with all that snow." White Christmas - Lani

5. "Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl." A Christmas Story - Angela

6. "Bah! Humbug!" Christmas Carol - Caterina (although she had guessed Scrooge, but really that's pretty much the same thing *wink*)

7. "Oh, that uh, that there's an RV. Yeah, yeah, I borrowed it off a buddy of mine. He took my house, I took the RV. It's a good looking vehicle, ain't it?" National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - Angela

8. "The thing about trains... it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on. " The Polar Express - Angela

9. "I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel." Elf - Maggie

10. "I must stop this whole thing! Why, for fifty-three years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming... but how?" How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Maggie

7 comments:

I am MommaCat said...

#1 is Miracle on 34th Street
#6 is Scrooge
I think #2 is Santa Clause?? :)

Angela said...

#5 is A Christmas Story
and I'm thinking #7 is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation??
And maybe #8 is Polar Express?
:)

Susie said...

There has to be a Home Alone quote among the bunch, right?? I'm terrible at these things, but this is a fun post!

Deanne said...

sorry, no Home Alone. Try again! :)

Lani said...

#3 is It's a Wonderful Life
#4 is White Christmas
#10 is The Grinch?

Love it!

Unknown said...

#10 is the animated "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

Santa Dave
www.christmas-lore.com

Unknown said...

#9 - Elf