Today I received a call I was waiting for.......Caleb will be in full-day kindergarten next year!
The school district that we are in made the decision to start moving the kindergarten classes to full-day class. The elementary schools have two years to make it a part of their system, so that means that some schools won't be ready in time for next years classes to be full-day.
I heard the 'rumor' of full-day classes a couple of weeks before school let out and it had my hopes high! Although I see this in two ways. The good and the not so good. Here's the good:
* I can be a part of the Tuesday morning ladies bible study at church (since the release time for half-day kinder interfere with bible study times).
* I can attend other mom events at church (again, the release time issue)
* Think of the gas I'll save by knocking out a drop off/pick up at school!
Then there's the not so good:
* This district seems to push the students hard and expect more than they should (in my opinion)
* Less time with my boy.
Overall I'm sure it's a good move. But still! This means no slow move in to school days. He'll be a full fledged school going boy. *sigh* I'll focus on the positive and help Caleb when he needs it. And for now I'll just say......Thank you School District for moving kindergarten to full-day....you'll be saving me tons in gas!
The school district that we are in made the decision to start moving the kindergarten classes to full-day class. The elementary schools have two years to make it a part of their system, so that means that some schools won't be ready in time for next years classes to be full-day.
I heard the 'rumor' of full-day classes a couple of weeks before school let out and it had my hopes high! Although I see this in two ways. The good and the not so good. Here's the good:
* I can be a part of the Tuesday morning ladies bible study at church (since the release time for half-day kinder interfere with bible study times).
* I can attend other mom events at church (again, the release time issue)
* Think of the gas I'll save by knocking out a drop off/pick up at school!
Then there's the not so good:
* This district seems to push the students hard and expect more than they should (in my opinion)
* Less time with my boy.
Overall I'm sure it's a good move. But still! This means no slow move in to school days. He'll be a full fledged school going boy. *sigh* I'll focus on the positive and help Caleb when he needs it. And for now I'll just say......Thank you School District for moving kindergarten to full-day....you'll be saving me tons in gas!
4 comments:
we haven't heard yet...but I agree about your pros and cons (especially the one about PUSD being a little crazy and trying to push the kids to Harvard starting at age 5)!
Who knew the school district would care about gas prices?! :)
Yep, I am with you and the "pushing" a little too much. But full day ALSO means that we can sometimes have a Mommy Coffee Date! (With not as many crazy kids running aorund!)
Ooooo...a mommy coffee date....I didn't think of that one! Well, that makes it all better. :)
Post a Comment