Wednesday, November 23

My College Courses Being Put To Use

I am busy getting my house ready for visitors and guests for Thanksgiving.  This includes the vacuum, cleansers, paper towels and child labor.  I"m also getting food things ready.  For that I am employed the use of my Kitchen Aid mixer, oven, rolling pin, and lots of flour.  Put all those things together and you have a house clean and ready to serve guests and good food.

But don't forget about the decor!

I rummaged through my yard and found some good things throw into a vase and adorn my table.  I'm putting my college education to work here (well, some of it anyway) - thank you floral design classes!


Inside the vase is pomegranates, which you can't see too well in the picture, but trust me they are a beautiful red.  Then I found some horsetail that had the seed pods on the tips (at least I think it is horsetail). Then I added some fall foliage from an obliging tree (I don't know that name of the tree *sigh*).  I scattered some extra leaves around the vase and picked a few more pomegranates to place around the base.

So there you have it, my college classes employed for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Beautiful! Have a wonderfully Happy Thanksgiving!