Here is today's Fact or Crap question of the day:
Ralph Lauren's real last name is Lifshitz.
I'm not making this up, this really is the question! Ok, again, no cheating! Tell me whether you think this is true or not. I will post the answer in the comments later tonight. So.....fact? or crap?
Friday, March 16
Daily Trivia
Posted by
Deanne
at
12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
LOL.....that's a funky last name! Um, prob true b/c anyone with that last name would want to change it :)
Crap. Crap crap crap! I just wanted to say that. I really have no idea. :)
I'm gonna wager a fact. Although, I really have nothing to base that on. ;)
If it is his real name, we can all see why he would change it! So many "celebrity" people change their names, so I'll go with fact.
I'm thinking true, wondering if he got beat-up over it while he was growing up.
Heather
Answer....fact...Ralph Lauren was born in the Bronx in 1939. Fashion-conscious from a very young age, he first gained renown with his tie designs. In 1967 he established the Polo label, and in 1971, Polo sold its first line of clothing for women, inspired by Lauren's wife's style.
There you have it. Factola!
Makes you more aware of what you will name your children. Although I'm sure they'll get teased for their names no matter what! My maiden name was Woodhouse - seems pretty normal, but I got called outhouse when I was younger!
Yeah, Jenn. My parents tried so hard to come up with names that couldn't be turned into something humiliating. Then all through third grade the boys all called me "kissy" instead of Chrisie.
My name was pretty safe....although I was always afraid that someone would use the dreaded name 'Deanne-peeann'. Oh the horror! :)
Dang, I missed it!
Jenn, you were Ms. Woodhouse, like in the Jane Austin novel "Emma." How neat!
Wow....Lifshitz...I understand the change to Lauren...
Post a Comment